Humbercrest Public School Parent Council Meetings:
- once a month from September to May (except December and March)
- held in the evenings between 6:30 – 9:00 pm
- meetings are held in the school library on the 2nd Floor (enter through the main doors)
- ALL parents are welcome!
- Babysitting is provided in Room 13 on the Main Floor
- All parents will receive an e-mail with the agenda and past meeting minutes prior to the next meeting
- No RSVP is required — just show up!
- Attendance at the first meeting of the year makes you a “member-at-large” and entitles you to vote at future meetings
School Parent Council is an excellent way for you to get involved in your child’s education at Humbercrest PS. Every TDSB school has an elected school council which serves as an important forum for involving all members of the school community in matters that affect the education of students.
Note: if you would like something added to the Agenda, please send an overview of your agenda item, in writing, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 7 business days prior to the meeting.
- Wednesday, September 18 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, October 23 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, November 27 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, January 15 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, February 19 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, April 22 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, May 20 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, June 10 – Agenda | Minutes
- Thursday, September 27 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, October 24 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, November 28 – AGENDA | Minutes
- December – No Meeting
- Wednesday, January 16 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, February 20 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, April 24 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, May 22 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, June 19 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, October 4 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, November 8 – Minutes
- December – No Meeting
- Wednesday, January 17 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, February 21
- March – No Meeting
- Wednesday, April 4 – Minutes
- Wednesday, May 9 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, June 6 Agenda | Minutes
- October – Minutes
- November – Minutes (Revised)
- January – Minutes
- February – Minutes
- April – Minutes
- May – Minutes
- June – Minutes
Parent Council Executive:
- Co-Chairs: Heather Sinclair – email@example.com & Kristen Juschkewitsch – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Tammy Cruji – email@example.com
- Treasurer: Jim Witty – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications: Laurie Lyle – email@example.com
ABOUT PARENT COUNCIL:
Humbercrest Public School Parent Council
“The purpose of the School Advisory Council (i.e. Parent Council) is through the active participation of parents, to improve pupil achievement and enhance the accountability of the education system to parents.” (Reg.612/2.1) As an advisory body, it may make recommendations to the principal of the school or the Board. Council members are elected for a term that lasts from the first meeting of one school year to the first meeting of the next school year. The Council consists of parents, principal or vice-principal, a teacher, a non-teaching employee of the school, and community representatives appointed by the elected council. Parents and community members are welcome to attend our meetings and childcare is provided if required.
The Parent Council may advise on:
- programs and strategies to improve school performance
- the welfare, care and protection of our children
- communications to parents and the community
- code of student conduct
School council is an excellent way for you to get involved in your child’s education at Humbercrest PS. Every TDSB school has an elected school council which serves as an important forum for involving all members of the school community in matters that affect the education of students.
Humbercrest school council includes an elected committee of parents, staff and student representatives, appointed community members, the principal, and a general membership which includes all parent of children attending the school. Our school council advises the principal and the Board on a variety of issues and activities relating to student achievement, curriculum goals and priorities, school budget priorities, school safety, renovation plans, after school activities, and criteria for selection of new principals.
To be a voting member of the council, please make it to the September meeting or send a proxy! Even if you are not a voting member, you are always welcome. Come and check it out!
“I find it valuable to attend School Council because it is a wonderful way to meet other parents, and it keeps me connected with what is going on at Humbercrest. Parent committees update the Council on their progress and needs; the administration explains recent developments and issues at the school level; parents can also suggest new initiatives and make suggestions for future presentations.” ~ Leigh Thornton, Humbercrest parent