School Advisory Council (formerly referred to as parent council), is an excellent way for parents/caregivers to get involved in your child’s education at Humbercrest PS. All TDSB schools have a council that serves as an important forum for involving all members of the school community in matters that affect the education of students.
The first meeting for 2020-21 will be VIRTUAL on Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 6:30 pm. An email with login info will be circulated by email to all parents/guardians 14 days in advance of the meeting. Check your inbox!
Our Humbercrest Public School Advisory Council (SAC) is guided by three (3) important documents, approved August 2020:
- Humbercrest School Advisory Council Bylaws
- Humbercrest School Advisory Council Roles & Responsibilities
- Humbercrest School Advisory Council Code of Ethics
All parents/guardians of a student at Humbercrest PS can self-nominate to become a member of the council. For full details, please review the bylaws above. If you would like to join the 2020-21 council, please complete the online form below by Tuesday, October 6 at 6:30 pm.
On the form you will see there is an opportunity to volunteer to take on a leadership role with a committee/project. If you can also tell us if you want to return to a role, or if you’re new and want to get involved! These positions are filled based on interest and do not require a separate nomination or vote.
The bylaws identify six (6) executive officer positions that must be voted on each term. The current council executive has agreed to self-nominate again for 2020-21 to help with continuity in this challenging year. However, we invite others to run for an executive officer position. If you wish to self-nominate for one of the six executive officer positions, please complete the online form below. Self-nomination forms MUST be received by Tuesday, September 29 at midnight, so that profiles can be circulated to the full school parent/guardian audience. A vote will be held for positions not acclaimed at the first council meeting as outlined in the bylaws.
As reference, the current executive officers who will stand for re-election include Heather Sinclair and Kristen Juschkewitsch as council co-chairs, Tammy Cruji as secretary, Jim Witty as treasurer and Laurie Lyle and Greg Schneider as communications co-leads.
If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please do not hesitate to contact Laurie Lyle at [email protected].
2019-2020 Council Executive:
- Co-Chairs: Heather Sinclair – [email protected] & Kristen Juschkewitsch – [email protected]
- Secretary: Tammy Cruji – [email protected]
- Treasurer: Jim Witty – [email protected]
- Communications Co-Leads: Laurie Lyle [email protected] & Greg Schneider [email protected]
PAST MEETING MINUTES:
- Wednesday, September 18 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, October 23 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, November 27 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, January 15 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, February 19 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, April 22 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, May 20 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, June 10 – Agenda | Minutes
- Thursday, September 27 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, October 24 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, November 28 – AGENDA | Minutes
- December – No Meeting
- Wednesday, January 16 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, February 20 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, April 24 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, May 22 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, June 19 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, October 4 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, November 8 – Minutes
- December – No Meeting
- Wednesday, January 17 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, February 21
- March – No Meeting
- Wednesday, April 4 – Minutes
- Wednesday, May 9 – Agenda | Minutes
- Wednesday, June 6 Agenda | Minutes
- October – Minutes
- November – Minutes (Revised)
- January – Minutes
- February – Minutes
- April – Minutes
- May – Minutes
- June – Minutes