What you need to bring:
- Water Bottle
- Two healthy snacks every day in reusable containers (fruit, veggies, yogurt, bagels, cheese, and crackers) – label them Snack #1 and Snack #2 (Note: Humbercrest is a Nut and Peanut Free school so please do not send your child to school with any nut products)
- Hold off sending sweet treats to school. Treats can be brought in to celebrate special occasions like birthdays and festive holidays
- If you are staying for lunch, please use a separate lunch bag
- Indoor Shoes – and on Gym day students must wear closed-toe shoe
- If you think it might be necessary, feel free to send an extra set of clothes and wet wipes
- Be sure to dress for the weather – hats and sunscreen on hot days, coats and boots on rainy days, etc.
- Be sure to label EVERYTHING!
Getting Ready for Junior Kindergarten:
- Students should practice spelling and writing their name in capital letters
- Students should be able to fully use the bathroom by themselves and put on and take off their own clothing, including outerwear
- ALL JK/SK students will meet their teachers outside.
- Class times are 9:00 am – 3:10 pm
- Lunch is from 11:30 am – 12:40 pm
- Under no circumstances should children be left alone
- Kindergarten teachers will come outside to greet the children each day
- In the event of extreme inclement weather, please do not bring your child to school early. Kindergarten parents should bring their child directly to the classroom just in time for the start of class – not early.
- If you arrive late, please report to the office with your child to sign-in
JK/SK classes are dismissed from different doors at 3:10 pm. At dismissal, it is essential that your child is with an adult. Please ensure a parent/caregiver is waiting outside at dismissal. If you are late, your child will be taken to the office to wait.
Also, please send a written note if your child is going home with someone other than those you have listed on your school forms (e.g. playdate, relative).
Parents/caregivers are welcome to volunteer in the classroom from October to June, whenever your schedule permits. When entering the school, you must always enter through the front doors and report to the office first to obtain a visitor pass.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please come to the office and ask for a Volunteer Application Form. All volunteers (parents and community members) must have a police check as required by provincial law. Please see the office for an application form.
Each class will select a Class Parent Liaison to assist with communications, field trip parent recruitment, etc. If you are interested in volunteering, please speak with your teacher.